We rely on the “Internet of everything” for practically every part of our life in today’s digital age, from checking the weather to buying real estate property, a dynamic that has been fostered by the pandemic’s distance and health restrictions. According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), 97 percent of homebuyers will utilize the Internet to hunt for a home in 2020. Firms urged purchasers to send in e-signatures, sign electronic contracts and documents, plan virtual meetings, and complete other relevant chores online as a result of this and in response. These real estate trends are likely to stick around, so agents must adapt. That includes creating a great digital marketing plan that increases visibility and gets listings in front of the right buyers at the appropriate time.
Read More: Top 10 Benefits of Content Marketing
Here are some digital marketing ideas and tips to assist you produce leads and grow your business.
Explore the Contents
1. Leverage geofencing
It’s all about the location, location, location. You’re familiar with the motto, which is not only important in real estate sales but can also be applied to narrowing down a target audience. 76 percent of homebuyers use a mobile device to hunt for a property, according to the same NAR report stated above. This is why “geofencing” is such an excellent method for delivering a relevant, compelling message to a specific audience. The word refers to the process of setting a precise and targeted mile radius around a certain site that allows smartphone audiences to be targeted after they enter that designated territory. People who do so will receive a push notice depending on their interests on their mobile device. You can geofence surrounding shopping centers, office spaces, and parks depending on the location being advertised.
2. Build a local SEO strategy
Consider investing in local SEO because location is such an important aspect in selling. The goal of a local search approach like this is to rank for terms like “best real estate agent” or “homes for sale near me.”
Here are a few ideas for getting started:
- Make a Google Business Profile and optimize it.
- Use that Google profile to publish content on a regular basis.
- Obtain links from professional and general directories to build a backlink profile.
- Get favorable feedback on Zillow, Google, Facebook, Yelp, and other sites.
- Conduct keyword research for local SEO.
3. Invest in PPC advertising
While SEO is a terrific way to drive visitors to your website and increase listing exposure, you don’t have to rely on organic traffic to generate leads. Create a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign as another alternative, which allows you to deliver targeted and relevant adverts to those who are most likely to buy. Because it helps you to target those who are actively looking for a property, PPC advertising is effective in real estate marketing. Placing ads in front of the appropriate people at the right time benefits them as well, since it directs them to the specific information or services they need. This also means they’re more likely to become genuine clients and use your services to acquire property.
To get started with PPC, you’ll need to do the following:
- Know your target market to assist you choose the best keyword phrases for your campaign.
- Determine your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) budget, which is the maximum amount you’re willing to pay per click for a certain keyword.
- Choose the appropriate ad platform for your PPC campaign (Google Ads, social media ads, etc.).
- Select the appropriate format (whether search ads, shopping ads, display ads, etc.).
Social media sites, with their billions of monthly active users, are a goldmine for generating real estate leads. This is especially true for millennials, who have recently accounted for the largest generation of purchasers. According to a 2021 NAR report, 37 percent of homebuyers in 2020 belonged to that generation. According to the Pew Research Center, persons aged 18 to 29 (millennials and Gen Z) are the most active social media users in the United States. As a result, you may reach an audience that is currently dominating the real estate market by utilizing the power of social media marketing.
Here are a few pointers to help you succeed:
- To maximize your content, use the proper real estate hashtags.
- Educate potential purchasers.
- Interact with your audience.
- React to feedback.
- Promote the area or community as a whole, rather than just the house.
- Share your real estate success stories with others.
- Include video in your plan.
Read More: 9 Incredible TikTok Marketing Tips To Master Your Brand Campaign
Real estate in a digital world
Digital marketing used to be a nice-to-have approach for real estate professionals, but it’s now a requirement. You risk slipping behind the competition and your company not realizing its full potential if you don’t. As technology advances and evolves, our reliance on it will only increase. Whether a homebuyer takes a virtual home tour or clicks a link to schedule a personal tour, they’re using technology to achieve a goal, so why not meet them halfway and reach out to them through the channels they prefer?