Who we are
Our website address is https://techmag.com.pk.
2. What is Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally identifiable information” is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally, identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number, and any other information that is connected with your identity.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information We Collect
1. Non-Registered Users: Certain content and tools on the techmag.com.pk Web site, such as news articles, pictures, graphics, stock quotes, are available to all users without registration. Tech Mag does not collect any personally identifiable information from you when you visit these areas of the techmag.com.pk Web site.
2. Registered Users: In order to access some of the more specialized features of the techmag.com.pk Web site, such as the Tech Mag Newsletter, the Tech Mag User Area, Tech Mag Adcubes, and Tech Mag Adcubes2, you must be a registered techmag.com.pk Web site user. When you register with techmag.com.pk, we collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, email address, city, state and zip code, as well as other information, such as your gender, age, occupation, personal interests, and similar information.
In addition, when you use certain specialized features offered to registered techmag.com.pk Web site users, techmag.com.pk may collect additional information about you, such as credit card information, stock and fund information, financial information, employment information, and other personally identifiable information.
3. Editorial Contributions, Promotions, and Surveys: Contributions, surveys, and other promotions may be offered on the techmag.com.pk Web site. In conjunction with such contribution requests or surveys, we may ask techmag.com.pk participants for personally identifiable information related to the topic of the survey, the entry in the promotion, prize notification, or fulfillment.
4. Web Site Usage Information: Tech Mag automatically collects IP addresses and Web site usage information from you when you visit the techmag.com.pk Web site. This information helps us evaluate how our users navigate and use our Web site.
Use of Information
Tech Mag uses personally identifiable information collected from you for the following general purposes:
- To fulfill your requests for specific products and services; To customize the advertising and content you see;
- To improve the design and content of our site;
- To contact you about special offers, products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To enter you in editorial contributions or promotions at your specific request;
- To provide you with customer service.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We never sell your personal information and we respect and protect your privacy and personal information.
Tech Mag will not sell, share or otherwise disclose any personally identifiable information about our current or former web site users to third party companies or individuals, except as permitted or required by law.
Tech Mag may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We utilize third-party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards), and require these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
Aggregate information is information that we (or third-party service providers on our behalf) collect about techmag.com.pk Web site users on an anonymous basis. We may share aggregated demographic and usage information with our prospective and actual business partners, advertisers, and other third parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on techmag.com.pk or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your techmag.com.pk registration information is password-protected for your privacy and security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited-access servers. We maintain (directly and through our agents) physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards to protect your personally identifiable information.
Due to the financial nature of our business, our web site is not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. Tech Mag does not knowingly solicit any information from children nor do we knowingly market or otherwise target the techmag.com.pk Web site or its products or services to children. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to use or register on our web site.