There are lots of ways in which you can put Instagram to best use to ensure you have a high and steady flow of traffic towards your fashion site. These ways are so many in numbers that it may often leave you overwhelmed. However, there are a few specific tips and tricks that you can follow to make the best use of Instagram to increase fashion traffic. Most major brands follow these tricks and therefore you can consider these to be tried and tested OK.
Advertise on Instagram
This may seem like a no-brainer to you because advertising is what you primarily do in marketing your business. Well, advertising through billboards, TV commercials, and another print and broadcast media is entirely different from advertising on Instagram.
On most of the social channels, you may not find it as easy to advertise as it is on Instagram. This is due to the different formats in which you can advertise on Instagram. These are:
- Photo ads: These ads look much similar to the regular photo posts with the only difference that these typically have a Sponsored label above the photo. In addition to that, these also have a Learn More button at the bottom right-hand corner under the picture.
- Video ads: Much similar to the photo ads, these video ads also look the same as the regular video posts along with a Sponsored label at the top.
- Carousel ads: These are specific ads that look identical to the photo ads but using this feature you can post multiple photos at the same time which the viewers can swipe through.
All these three Instagram ad formats will appear in the home feeds of the users. These ads primarily support four different objectives of advertising any product namely:
- Video views
- Click through to your website
- Mass awareness and
- Mobile app installations.
All these will serve your primary objective: to increase the traffic on your fashion website.
Selling your fashion products
Use all the new features to sell your fashion products on Instagram. In May 2018, Instagram has added a new payment feature that can be used by select users. In addition to that, Instagram has also rolled out a Checkout that all users can use.
All these features potentially have a big effect on small businesses as these features allow the users to buy products without having to leave the platform. All that the users will be required to do in order to complete a transaction includes:
- The name
- The email address
- The billing info and
- The shipping address.
All these will be saved by Facebook, being the parent company of Instagram to use it for any future transactions.
When it comes to the payment options, Instagram offers users a variety of options such as:
- American Express
- Discover and
Since all these remain in closed beta there is no liability of the businesses.
You can also take the advantage of the Shoppable Posts to sell products on Instagram. You will simply have to create a catalog of your fashion products and connect it to your account after tagging the product in a way much similar to tagging a person in a post.
However, to create a shoppable post you make sure that:
- You have a business account
- Sell physical goods and
- Comply with the Merchant Agreement And Commerce Policies of Instagram.
If you create such a catalog of your fashion products through Shopify, Facebook, or Big Commerce, it will surely enable you to reach out to more customers and increased the traffic on your website eventually.
Other tips and tricks
There are also a few other tips and tricks that you can follow just like experts like Stormlikes in order to get the most out of your Instagram account.
- Links: You must know that links usually do not work in Instagram captions. It is workable only when you share a link in your profile. This will take the user to your site. Therefore, make sure you do not place the link anywhere else to loos on your potential traffic and could-be customer.
- Relation: You must also make sure that all your posts are related and most relevant to your brand and the fashion products. It can be tempting to share pictures of food and animals that you see on other social networks but that may not have anything to do with fashion. This will look disjoint and confuse your followers.
- Promotions: The best way to increase traffic to your website is by running promotions and giveaways. However, your fashion products may be too costly to give it away just like that, you can arrange for a sale or contest, ask users to repost an image with a specific custom hashtag, and others that will also make them visit your website.
- Response: Your response to the comments of other users will play a significant role in increasing traffic to your fashion site. Good or bad, always reply to the comments made by the users on your photos. This will raise the level of interaction and will show that you care, follow, and pay attention to your followers, adding value to them.
- Embed posts: On your website embed Instagram posts from the desktop version of it. This will convey a strong message that you are active on this platform and will in turn help you gain more traffic to your website.
- Influencers: Using Instagram influencers is perhaps the best way to promote your fashion product and business. Since these influencers have large followings on Instagram, you will automatically have the opportunity to reach out to a large number of audiences with your fashion product.
- Share posts: Make it a pint that you shore your posts directly to your story. This will raise the level of interest amongst your users and you can promote your fashion product easily.
You may also use other interactive features to build relationships and online conversations such as questions sticker in Instagram Stories, IGTV, and others. This will make your account appealing and direct users to your fashion site.