The eagerly anticipated Asia Cup 2023 will begin on Wednesday, with Pakistan taking on Nepal in Multan. This year, Pakistan and Sri Lanka will jointly host the Asia Cup between August 30 and September 17. In this edition, the competition will return to the 50-over format after being held in the Twenty20 format last year.
Pakistan captain Babar Azam believes that his team’s recent 3-0 ODI series victory over Afghanistan will ‘inspire’ them and provide them with much-needed momentum heading into the Asia Cup. Pakistan swept Afghanistan 3-0 in the recently concluded ODI series preceding the continental championship.
Nepal, on the other hand, is making its Asia Cup debut. They are grouped with Pakistan and India in Group A. Pakistan will encounter the 15th-ranked ODI team for the first time in any format. It is highly probable that Nepal will not advance to the Super 4 stage of the tournament, but it will be a momentous occasion for them to face India and Pakistan. Let’s examine where you can witness the Pakistan vs. Nepal Asia Cup 2023 match as well as the other tournament matches. Here’s a general guide on how to watch the Asia Cup 2023:
- Television Broadcast: The Asia Cup matches are likely to be broadcast on various sports television channels in different countries. Look for sports channels that have broadcasting rights to cricket events in your region. Channels like Star Sports, Sony Six, and others have traditionally covered cricket tournaments.
- Streaming Platforms: With the rise of digital streaming, many cricket tournaments are now available to stream online. Platforms like Hotstar, SonyLIV, Willow TV, and ESPN+ have streamed cricket events in the past. You might need to subscribe to these platforms or purchase a streaming package to access the live matches.
- Official Websites and Apps: Cricket boards and tournament organizers often have official websites and mobile apps where you can get live scores, match updates, and sometimes even live streaming. Check the official website of the cricket board hosting the Asia Cup for any official streaming options.
- Social Media: Follow the official social media accounts of cricket boards, teams, and sports broadcasters. They often provide real-time updates, highlights, and even live streaming links.
- Cable or Satellite TV: If you have a cable or satellite TV subscription, you can check the schedule of sports channels that typically air cricket matches. Set your reminders and tune in to watch the matches live.
- Local Sports Bars and Pubs: In cricket-loving countries, local sports bars and pubs might screen major cricket tournaments. It could be a great way to enjoy the matches with fellow fans.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) Platforms: The official ICC website and app might provide news, scores, highlights, and updates related to the Asia Cup. While they might not offer live streaming directly, they can still be valuable sources of information.
- Radio Broadcasts: In some regions, cricket matches are also broadcast on radio. Check local sports radio stations for any coverage of the Asia Cup.
Explore the Contents
Asia Cup 2023: Pakistan vs Nepal Date, Time And Venue
The Pakistan vs. Nepal match is scheduled for Wednesday, August 30. The match will start at 3:30 PM IST. The venue for the PAK vs. NEP match is the Multan Cricket Stadium.
Asia Cup 2023: Commentators List
According to the official broadcaster of Asia Cup 2023, here is the list of commentators for the tournament.
English: Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram, Gautam Gambhir, Waqar Younis, Andy Flower, Marvan Atapattu, Matthew Hayden, Aamer Sohail, Dominic Cork, Deep Dasgupta, Bazid Khan, Sanjay Manjrekar, Shamim Chowdhury & Roshan Abeysinghe.
Hindi: Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Irfan Pathan, Sanjay Bangar, Mohammad Kaif, Aditya Tare, Rajat Bhatia, Raman Bhanot, Jatin Sapru & P Sehrawat.
Asia Cup 2023: TV Channels and Broadcast Details
Star Sports Network will broadcast the Asia Cup 2023 in India. Viewers can tune in to Star Sports 1/1 HD, Star Sports 1/1 HD Hindi, Star Sports 1/1 HD Tamil, Star Sports 1/1 HD Telugu & Star Sports 1 Kannada for all the live action.
Asia Cup 2023: Live Streaming Details
Asia Cup 2023 will be live-streamed on Disney+ Hotstar. Fans can watch the tournament for free on the Disney+ Hotstar Mobile app.
How To Watch Asia Cup 2023 In Pakistan And Bangladesh?
According to a report in Wisden, PTV Sports will broadcast the Asia Cup 2023 in Pakistan while cricket fans in Bangladesh can watch the tournament live on Gazi TV.
Remember that broadcasting rights can vary from country to country, and they might change from year to year. It’s a good idea to search for information closer to the event date to get accurate details about how and where to watch the Asia Cup 2023. Always prefer official and legal sources to ensure a smooth and reliable viewing experience.