The Importance Of Creating A Streamlined Video Creation And Production Process
An effective video creation and production process can result in improved results. However, video creation and production are not as simple as conceiving an idea and bringing it to life. There is a lot of activities that go on in the background.
From deciding the type of video content to how to make a video file smaller for publishing it on certain platforms – every decision takes companies one step closer to a fruitful result. So what are the different stages of video production? And why is it crucial to streamline the entire process?
Let’s take a look:
Different Phases of Video Creation and Production
Typically, the video creation and production process can be classified into four main parts:
- Video Creation (Pre-production)
- Publication and Promotion
Let us take a look at all these stages one at a time.
1. Video Creation
The video creation stage pertains to all the activities that take place before the video goes into production. Hence, it means that it is the most crucial and the most creative stage. This stage lays the foundation for the success (or failure) of your video.
In this phase, you will take on all tasks and preparatory matters relating to developing the video. It means that you will have to develop the video idea, create a script or storyboard, plan for production, and build the team.
During the video creation stage, you may also map out all the future stages of video production and deviations from the standard process, if any.
Production is the stage of video creation that breathes life into your plan. Hence, by now, you must have a clear vision for your project. The time and budget for video production will change as per the video type.
For a standard video captured on camera, the different aspects include:
- Setting up the lighting, sounds, and equipment
- Preparing the stage for the shoot
- Capturing B-rolls (and even bloopers)
- Conducting interviews along with the behind the scenes shoot
- Recording voice-over clips
The production manager plays a crucial role in orchestrating the various activities.
On the other hand, if you are creating explainer videos or animations, this stage primarily involves working with an appropriate standard software application and recording audio narration wherever required.
Editing is the unsung hero of video production. Having a skilled video editor who can make use of the best tools, such as InVideo, is an asset to your organization! They are responsible for refining the end product.
This stage primarily deals with processing all the raw clips and putting it all together to create a polished and refined product. Since it involves the collaboration of several teams and individuals, make sure that you already have a process in place before you enter this stage.
4. Publication and Promotion
Finally, it all boils down to publishing and promoting your content. Your marketing strategy depends on your target audience and the goals for creating and producing videos. Typically, it involves publishing or sharing the video on social media, distributing it through ads, incorporating it on your website, emails, etc.
When promoting videos on social media, you can make use of platform-centric marketing strategies to offer more visibility to your content. For example, publishing on Instagram requires you to know about Instagram marketing strategy and so on.
Importance of Establishing a Streamlined Video Creation and Production Process
As you can see, the process of creating and producing videos is not linear. At the same time, it is also a relay where the completion of one task passes on the baton and triggers the next task. Therefore, it is vital to streamline this process in the best possible ways.
Here are a few more reasons why companies should dedicate the time, budget, and efforts for optimizing the video creation and production process:
- Having a clearly defined workflow helps with the efficient allocation of resources. In some instances, it can also predict the minimum requirement for successfully completing the task.
- The various teams and individuals working on the video creation and production process will adopt a hands-on approach when matters are passed on to them. It ensures their availability, proactiveness, and accountability while adhering to the timelines.
- It also lays the groundwork for seamless and error-free communication between teams and team members.
- Having a defined and streamlined process can address issues relating to inefficiencies that can cause costly delays to the project. Hence, it improves the ROI on the video creation and production process.
- Even though video creation and production have become relatively easier and simpler with tools like InVideo, there are several other tasks and to-do lists to take care of. Having a system in place will make it easier to prioritize tasks and act accordingly.
- Inputs from stakeholders and other teams may change the direction of the video creation and production process. However, when you have a standard workflow in place, you can incorporate minor adjustments to the same without losing sight of the main goal.
- During the video creation and development process, if the company feels that a certain aspect is missing or needs to be included in the video, directing these changes to the concerned team becomes easier due to a defined process.
- The lack of clear workflows and defined processes can lead teams and team members astray. It ascribes various roles and responsibilities to all the parties involved, which will help in delivering the final product on time.
- From all the advantages stated above, it becomes clear that having a smooth and functional process that helps your video creation and production unit works like a well-oiled machine will improve your bottom line and increase the profitability.
Failure to stick to streamlined video creation and production process can result in budget overheads, extended deadlines, lack of clarity and direction, and unsuccessful project delivery. Clearly, the negative impact is too great to overlook the optimization of the video creation and production strategy.
Fortunately, now that you understand the importance of streamlining the video production process and the various stages, you can work towards fixing all the cracks and leakages for the best results!