How to Watch Oscars 2021 Online at Your Home
You can. Here’s everything you need to know to watch the Oscars 2021 online at your home.
Oscars start time
The Oscars will take place over two locations this year: Los Angeles Union Station and Dolby Theater. Only nominees, their guests, and presenters have been given the green light to attend. Nominees who don’t attend won’t be allowed to Zoom in. Plus, since the show is a televised event, guests won’t have to wear a mask while the cameras are rolling.
- US: The Oscars start at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 25.
- UK: The Oscars start at 1 a.m. GMT on Monday, April 26.
- Australia: The Oscars start at 10 a.m. AEST on Monday, April 26.
The Oscar nominations of 10 are conducted by David Fincher’s Mank this year. It faces tough competition from the award-winning Nomadland directed by Chloé Zhao in the best picture category. Both she and Emerald Fennell, who has been named the best director behind the brilliant revenge thriller Promising Young Women, make this two women nominated the first time in a category that year. It’s awesome stuff.
Watch Oscars 2021 Online
The Oscars will air on ABC in the US. To stream online, there are a couple of options:
- Only after you sign up with the participating pay TV provider – usually a cable network, a satellite provider or a live streaming provider – does ABC stream the live broadcasting of the Oscars on the ABC web page.
- Another option is Locast, which streams local broadcasters, including ABC, in certain large US cities, for free. And of course, you could always use an to try to pick up the ABC station in your area ( ).
- You can also watch the Oscars by subscribing to ABC’s Live Tv Streaming service in your town. In most cities, there is AT&T TV, Hulu with Live TV, and YouTube TV. All give a free trial of 7 days to register now and cancel, if you like, after the ceremony. Notice that ABC does not carry Sling Television, Fubo television, AT&T, or Philo.
With Live TV, Hulu costs 65 dollars a month and includes ABC, but see which Hulu live channels in your region are offered.
YouTube TV costs $65 a month and includes ABC. Plugin your ZIP code on its channel lineup page to see what live, local networks are available where you live.
- Australia: While it hasn’t been confirmed yet, we’re expecting the Oscars to air on Seven like last year.
- UK: You can watch the Oscars using an (a seven-day free trial is offered).
Oscars red carpet
It is going to be a much smaller red carpet affair this year but if Gramms are anything to go by (although you won’t see nominees wearing masks during the show), we could see a few fun face-mask and outfit coordinated combinations. Based on last year’s programming, you’ll be able to watch the red carpet on the ABC site or app from 5:30 p.m. ET, the Academy’s official Twitter from 6:30 p.m. ET, or the E network, , from 5 p.m. ET.
Who’s hosting the Oscars?
No one! In 2019, the hostless movement started when Kevin Hart quit hosting duties in the middle of critiques about his previous insensitive tweets. The show in 2020 has been hostless and the show in 2021 has the same impact.