The Disney + streaming service launched in France on April 7 and is accessible on various platforms. Both compatible with smartphones, tablets, computers, PS4, Xbox One, and Smart TV, you can also watch its content directly on a standard television.
To do this, either subscribe to Canal + or use a media player, like the Google Chromecast. This small device is available at €39 on the Google Store and allows you to copy the screen of your phone, or PC, directly to your television.
Are you tempted by this method of distribution? Follow this tutorial to connect Chromecast to your different devices.
Disney + streaming on TV
To take advantage of Disney + on your TV via Chromecast, you must first subscribe to the service. After a price increase of two euros, the subscription is now at €8.99/month, if you prefer to pay annually, then it is €89.99.
To create a Disney + account:
- Go to the official Disney + website.
- Create your user account.
- Enter your bank details for the subscription.
Then you need to download the free iOS app for your iPhone from the Apple Store, or Android through Google Play.
Disney +, install and configure Chromecast
If this is your first time using Chromecast, before you can stream Disney + to your TV, there are two important things you need to do: install and configure your Chromecast.
To do this, follow the 8 steps below:
- Plug your Chromecast into a power outlet.
- Connect your Chromecast dongle to the HDMI port of your TV.
- On your smartphone, download the Google Home app and open it.
- On the Create a Home home page, go to Get Started.
- Go to Configure new devices and then click on Create another home.
- Fill in the fields.
- Tap Continue → Add → Configure device.
- Turn on Wi-Fi, follow the instructions, and confirm your new device.
Stream Disney + on TV via Chromecast
Once your Chromecast is set up, you’re all set to access all of the Disney + programming on your TV. Here’s how to do it:
- On your smartphone or PC, log into your Disney + account via the application or the platform’s official website.
- Start the movie, series, or documentary of your choice.
- Tap / click on the Chromecast icon at the top corner of your screen.
- Select your TV.
Now, set up a quiet corner to enjoy a good time with your family!