As of 2019, Windows 10 has been equipped with an intuitive and rather comprehensive screenshot tool called Screenshot and Sketch. Aside from this new feature, there are other methods to capture what is displayed on your screen on the latest operating system from Microsoft.
After seeing how to put accents on capital letters, activate HDR to improve the rendering of PC games or how to switch a keyboard from QWERTY to AZERTY, now is the time to see together how to take a screenshot in Windows 10 using Keyboard shortcuts.
Take A Screenshot Using the Keywboard Shortcut
On Windows 10, it is possible to quickly use the Screenshot and Sketch tool via a keyboard shortcut.
- Simultaneously press Win + Shift + S
- Select the area to capture with the cursor
- Quickly click on the pop-up window at the bottom right to edit and save your image
Take A Screenshot with Screenshot and Sketch
Microsoft’s new tool is still the best way to take screenshots on Windows 10. Here’s how to use it effectively:
- Go to the Start menu > Programs> Screenshot and Sketch
- Click New at the top left and select the area to capture
- Tap the Floppy Disk icon to save your capture
Related: How to fix Windows 10 Start menu?
Take A Screenshot Using the Prin Screen Key
If you are resistant to the keyboard shortcut of the first method, it is also possible to configure the Print Screen key. As soon as you press the key, the Snapshot and Sketch tool will launch automatically.
- Open the Screenshot & Sketch app
- Click on the three small dots, then Settings
- Then go to Use the Print button. screen to open screenshot
- A window will appear asking you if you want to change the application – click Yes to continue
- Go to Windows Settings> Keyboard> Print Screen Shortcut
- Activate the feature by clicking on the button of the same name
- Restart your computer to save the changes
There you have it, you will now only have to press the Print key. screen to automatically take a capture. Be careful, don’t forget to click on the pop-up window at the bottom right to save your image.