Good protection should be invisible: if the operating system is stable and does not die from viruses, it begins to seem that no threats exist at all. In fact, the computer is constantly at risk, and without protective mechanisms, the owner is threatened with theft of money, blackmail, or simply damage to data on the PC.
Safe can only be called a PC in which the system is able to protect itself and the owner’s files from any modern attacks. Considering that Windows has always been the target of crackers (the most popular operating system, after all), it is Windows that is best “trained” to combat abuse and viruses from the outside.
Security updates arrive on all current Microsoft systems, but Windows 10 is the safest and most resilient of them all. The user is protected by several protective mechanisms at once, which we will talk about today.
Explore the Contents
Secure login without password and PIN
One of the most ancient and elementary protection methods is a password. Let’s leave aside the fact that remembering a bunch of different passwords for each gadget/ service is very difficult – the problem is that entering a password takes up precious time. At the same time, unlocking using a fingerprint scanner has long taken root in smartphones. Now you can unlock your computer in the same way!
Convenient and simple parental control
The child receives a separate account (the parent remains with a password or, for example, with a request for fingerprints at the entrance), in which it is possible to distribute how much time he can spend on each of the available programs. That is, a computer to study, if the parents’ wishes, will become a real computer for study.
You don’t need to buy antivirus
Gone are the days when after buying a computer it was necessary to attend to the purchase of antivirus – starting with Windows 8, Microsoft’s operating systems have Windows Defender. Unlike many paid products that breed “panic” and see a threat in safe files, the built-in antivirus always works on business and practically does not affect the computer’s performance.
The Defender protects the PC all the time it is running, independently receives information about new known viruses, and is even able to recognize new, not yet identified threats – in such cases, the antivirus sends suspicious files to the cloud storage for anonymous scanning. If the found file creates something strange on the computer, the malware will be blocked.
Only high-quality files from the Internet
Not all that glitters is gold and not all that is a program/game that looks appropriate on the site. Antivirus is a good mechanism, but for more reliable protection, Windows has a SmartScreen mechanism. It is a sophisticated system that checks files for viruses before they are downloaded.
But apart from that in order to speed up your computer and keep it healthy, you should go to these steps:
1. First of all, if the PC slows down, you should check it with an antivirus, run a scan, and make sure that the computer is clean.
2. Also, a lot of junk can be clogged in system disks, so I recommend looking at the article on how to clean up system partitions.
3. Remove unnecessary programs from the startup. When loading the operating system, some programs are also loaded with it, which sometimes seriously slows down the PC boot speed. How to remove it? Press simultaneously the key combination Ctrl + Alt + Del, the task manager will open, go to the “Startup” tab. In this window, select the programs to be disabled. Basically, you should disable programs that you do not need, and have a high impact on the load of the operating system. You can disable the selected program by the corresponding disable button in the window.
4. Of course, we cannot do without auxiliary programs, and we will talk about the most popular – CCleaner. Find and download the program from the official website.
Let’s take a closer look at the capabilities of this program. Working with the program is simple – we selected the files to be deleted and clicked the clear button.
Also, this program makes it possible to solve problems with the registry, you just have to go to the Registry tab and select the Analysis item.
The program will analyze the registry, and if it finds errors, select Fix, so you will fix the problems in the system.
5. After all the cleanings, if you have already deleted all unnecessary files, I advise you to defragment the disk. It allows you to package files on disk for faster work. Defragmentation can be done with the most popular program for this – Auslogics Disk Defrag.
So, we launch the program, and select Analyze from the list, wait until the scan takes place, and a notification Defragment disks may appear below. If it does appear, press the defrag button and wait for the end of defragmentation, if it does not appear, we advise you to refrain from this operation.
6. Update drivers: In order for your PC to run fast and be healthy, you need to keep your drivers up to date. We recommend updating the drivers with ITL Driver Updater.
So, we have carried out a simple but effective computer optimization on the Windows operating system. Remember that the main PC brakes are due to the accumulated system junk. To prevent it from accumulating, clean your PC with CCleaner once a month, and sometimes defragment disks. Of course, these are not all methods, do not forget to vacuum, and also wipe the dust inside the system unit and change the thermal paste once or twice a year. I hope this article helped you speed up your computer and learn how to take care of the operating system for fast and stable operation.