A common practice for Facebook and Instagram stories is unfortunately still missing for Whatsapp statuses, it is the function of adding music to stories. All that is possible so far is sharing music links from the corresponding streaming apps. However, there is a little trick to sharing music through your status. In this article, we tell you what to do and what to watch out for.
How to add music to your Whatsapp status?
First of all, we want to clarify that this trick only works with the videos that you record. You cannot use it to add music to video clips, photos or text already saved in your phone.
What you need is Whatsapp and a streaming app like Spotify. The following steps allow you to add the desired music to your video status:
- Open the music streaming app and launch the song you want to stream in the video. Note that you are limited to 30 second videos per status; So find the part of the song that interests you the most.
- Then pause your song.
- Now go to Whatsapp and go to My Status . Tap the camera icon at the bottom right to switch to recording mode.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to access the Spotify widget.
- Press Play to continue your song.
- Record the video (keep the record button pressed). The music played will be streamed in the background and recorded through the microphone.
- Then you can personalize the video with a caption or stickers and then share it by pressing the send status button.
Note: This trick only works if the background music is played through the smartphone speakers and not through headphones (because the microphone then does not record any music for recording).
You should also set the music to a level high enough to mask any ambient noise. This form of video recording is not suitable for particularly high ambient noise levels (wind, traffic) or in public places where discretion is required.