Today our computers are exposed to a number of malware, adware and other types of malicious software that can infect our computer, causing major security problems.
In this article you will find the best free antivirus for PC in 2021 , these online security programs will help you considerably improve the protection of your own computer.
Explore the Contents
- 1 Do we know which is the best free antivirus for PC?
- 2 Are free antivirus really 100% free?
- 3 Best Antivirus to Download for Free on your PC in 2021
- 3.1 1. Avast
- 3.2 2. AVG
- 3.3 3. Bitdefender
- 3.4 4. Norton
- 3.5 5. Panda
- 3.6 6. Kaspersky Security Cloud Free
- 3.7 7. Microsoft Security Essentials
- 3.8 8. Mcafee
- 3.9 9. 360 Total Security
- 3.10 10. Avira Free
- 3.11 11. ESET Nod32
- 3.12 12. Windows 10 Security, Windows Defender Antivirus
- 3.13 13. Comodo Free Antivirus
- 3.14 15. Adaware
- 4 How to download a free antivirus for PC?
- 5 Have I helped you choose your antivirus?
Do we know which is the best free antivirus for PC?
There are so many security programs available that it is very difficult to choose the best free antivirus for our computer.
Often this makes us want to try several to be able to compare them and stay with the one that offers us the options that most interest us.
Sometimes this is a problem, since it costs us less to install things than to uninstall them, and not infrequently I have found friends and family with more than one antivirus installed and this is not desirable.
I have prepared a compilation with the best free antivirus of 2021 for PC in case you are thinking of downloading one. But remember that you only have to have an antivirus installed on your computer.
Are free antivirus really 100% free?
Of course not, when you download and install most of the free antivirus on the market, you are accepting that the company can sell your data (not personal information) to third-party advertising companies.
So nothing for free, I think the only free antivirus that claims that it will not transfer your data to third parties is Bitdefender.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to go into panic mode, you are doing this same transfer of rights when you create a social media account, such as Facebook, unless of course, in the privacy options you clearly specify that you do not want Facebook assign the rights of your account to third parties.
So the decision is in your hand. At this point we are going to start with the list of the best and most wanted free antivirus for PC.
Best Antivirus to Download for Free on your PC in 2021
Avast Free Antivirus is equipped with the largest threat detection network , machine learning protection, easy password management, and home network security that doesn’t slow down your PC.
- Easy to install and use.
- Designed for effortless protection.
- Behavior Shield.
- This is not just any free antivirus.
Download AVG AntiVirus FREE , an award-winning free antivirus. Protect your PC, Mac and mobile from viruses and malware.
AVG Antivirus FREE Features:
- Stop viruses, spyware, ransomware, and other types of malware.
- Block insecure email links, downloads, and attachments.
- Scan the PC to find performance problems.
- Get real-time security updates.
Bitdefender is award-winning computer security for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
- Easy to use.
- It weighs very little.
- It offers good protection for your PC or laptop.
This computer security program only offers us a 30-day trial of the free version, from there you have to go to the paid version or change the free antivirus.
Norton Antivirus Features:
- Protect your PC, Mac, and Android and iOS devices with a single subscription.
- Alerts you about dangerous Android apps before downloading.
- Clean up your hard drive to free up space.
- Keeps you safe when browsing, shopping, and banking on the Internet
- Protects you from social media scams.
- Stops current and future Internet threats.
- Block infected and dangerous downloads.
- Free 30-day trial of the full product with no obligations.
Panda is a free antivirus that protects you while you browse, play or work.
- 100% virus detection rate with minimal impact to your devices. You will always be protected and up to date with updates in real time.
- Install it and forget it. You will never have to update it again and you will not have to do complicated configuration. Enjoy your digital life with complete peace of mind.
- All work is done from the cloud. You have no need to store files or daily updates.
6. Kaspersky Security Cloud Free
- With Kapersky Free Antivirus you get a totally reliable, fast and 100% free protection.
- Automatically block Dangerous files, websites and apps . Our award-winning security technologies automatically block dangerous downloads and warn you of malicious websites.
- Helps you keep personal information safe. You will receive protection when opening emails and on websites. All emails are scanned and phishing websites are automatically blocked from stealing your identity or money.
- Offers fast protection that adapts to your life. Security designed to protect you without getting in the way of your activities. Your PC will be protected against the most common threats by providing real-time data directly from the cloud.
7. Microsoft Security Essentials
The antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials will offer real – time protection for your home computer or your small business against viruses, spyware and other malicious software.
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free download from Microsoft that is easy to install and use, and it always stays up-to-date, so you can be sure that your computer is protected by the latest technology.
Microsoft Security Essentials works silently and efficiently in the background so you have the freedom to use your Windows PC the way you want, without interruptions or long wait times.
McAfee Security Scan Plus is a diagnostic tool that guarantees safe protection by actively checking your computer for antivirus, firewall, and security software so that you are always informed if your computer is safe.
It searches for various threats, such as malware, Trojans, and potentially unwanted programs that are actively running on your computer. It even scans your browser history for suspicious activity.
McAfee Security Scan Plus scans your computer in less than two minutes and never slows down your work or entertainment. Additionally, you can customize how often the computer will be scanned.
When a scan completes, you will see the status of the security protection. If problems are found, McAfee will provide recommendations for security solutions.
- Simple. One-click installation. Comfortable installation; starts working instantly
- Fast No delays. It updates automatically and analyzes the equipment in less than two minutes without any problem.
- On alert. Check their protection. Customizable alerts warn you of potential threats.
9. 360 Total Security
360 Total Security integrates award-winning antivirus engines, including 360 Cloud Scan Engine, 360 QVMII AI Engine, Avira, and Bitdefender to give you the latest in virus detection and protection.
- Detection in real time. Cloud technology that detects the latest ransomware variants in real time.
- Smart lock. Intelligent behavior monitoring to identify any malicious documents.
- Document protector. Automatic backup of your documents before they are affected
10. Avira Free
Avira Free Antivirus is simple, intuitive and attractive. The new design lets you harness the power of state-of-the-art technology at the push of a button.
- Real-time cloud analysis. Protection Cloud is our early warning system that scans unknown files from millions of cloud users anonymously to protect you from threats as they arise in real time.
- Free or premium protection? Choose the most suitable version for your interests.
11. ESET Nod32
ESET Nod32 offers us a powerful and very silent antivirus that we can only try for free for 30 days.
It gives you an essential defense against malware, with the best balance between detection, speed and usability, characteristic of ESET.
Discover the comprehensive protection that ESET has for your company. Get a free trial license and learn about our remote administration, among many other corporate solutions.
12. Windows 10 Security, Windows Defender Antivirus
Windows 10 offers comprehensive, built-in, and continuous security measures you can trust, including Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall, among others. By staying up-to-date, you will ensure that you have the latest features and protection measures, at no additional cost.
When your PC is protected by Windows Defender Antivirus, you receive comprehensive protection for your system, files, and online activities against viruses, malware, spyware, and other threats. Peace of mind has never been easier.
- Stay updated and protected. By installing the latest Windows 10 updates, you’ll get new features and the latest security enhancements so you’re always protected. And best of all: fewer reboots when you use your PC the most, just set your active hours.
- Windows Defender Antivirus. Enjoy a more secure computer with antivirus protection built into Windows 10. Windows Defender Antivirus provides real-time protection against software threats such as viruses and malware in email, applications, and the Internet.
- Windows Defender Security Center. The Windows Defender Security Center offers a robust set of security features that protect you throughout the support lifecycle of your Windows 10 device.
13. Comodo Free Antivirus
Comodo Free Antivirus is a feature-rich product whose basic version is completely free.
- Clear and clean interface.
- Browser sandboxing.
- Easily adjustable security levels.
- Strict scan protection.
- Very good malware scanner.
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus from Check Point is one of the best free antivirus solutions that comes loaded with a very effective firewall, better than Windows.
- Good malware scanner.
- Easy to configure personal firewall.
- Protection of identity, very important in these times.
- Online file backups.
- Antivirus licensed from Kaspersky.
- Nice and simple user interface.
Adaware antivirus protects your computer from online threats so you can focus on the things that matter to you: connecting with friends, checking emails, and watching videos. With a simple installation you will have all the protection you need.
- Award-winning antivirus protection. Protect yourself against viruses, ransomware, spyware, and other types of malware.
- Download security. Analyze all downloads before they have a chance to damage your PC.
- Real-time protection. Block malicious processes and infected files in real time.
How to download a free antivirus for PC?
The process to download a free antivirus is really very simple, I’ll explain it to you with an easy-to-follow example:
- Access the free antivirus url , for example https://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download
- We click on the “Free Download” button. A file will automatically be downloaded that we can see in the lower left corner if we use the Google Chrome browser.
- Run the installation file. Click on the downloaded file displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Confirm the installation. Click “Yes” in the system dialog to approve the start of the installation.
- Follow the installation instructions. Click the button in the installer window to begin the installation.
Have I helped you choose your antivirus?
Having one of the best free antivirus for PC will not make your computer infallible to all types of attacks, but it will protect it and, most importantly, it will not provide facilities for these spyware or malware to easily access your computer.
Logically, you should not only protect your PC but also the rest of the computers, as well as all kinds of mobile devices such as Android or IOs.
Would you add any free antivirus to the list? What is the best free antivirus for PC for you?
If you liked the post, you can share it with a friend.