Facebook users can now personalize their own avatar and use it as a profile photo, send it as a sticker in Messenger, post it in response in comments or send stickers as images on other platforms, such as Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
These avatars, which bear a close resemblance to the Snapchat Bitmoji, can be customized from head to toe as for their worldwide launch, Facebook added new hairstyles, complexions, and costumes.
If you want to create your Facebook avatar, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and click on the more options icon, which is the one with three horizontal lines.
- After clicking See more.
Select the Avatars option, which is at the top of the list.
- Click the Next button to start customizing your avatar. Facebook offers you the mirror option, which is the circular icon that you can find to the right of your avatar to open your front camera and you can create your avatar as close to you as possible.
- To start, the first thing you should choose is your skin tone.
- Next, select your style and hair color.
- Choose the shape of your face, add freckles or moles, and you can also add expression lines.
- Select the shape and color of your eyes, and add makeup if you wish, and select the shape of your eyebrows and their color. You can also choose between 10 types of lenses.
- Now choose the shape most similar to that of your nose.
- Then select your lips, and add a lip color if desired, or facial hair, be it a mustache or a beard.
- Finally, select one of 10 options for body complexions, choose an outfit, and add a hat or turban.
- If you think your avatar is ready, click on the pigeon in the upper right corner.
- Once your avatar has been created you can share it in your news feed on Facebook or set it as a profile photo.
In addition, Facebook will automatically add a large number of stickers to your gallery so you can send them by Messenger or place them in the comments. You can also send these stickers as images on other platforms such as WhatsApp, Instagram, or Twitter.