How to install WhatsApp on an Android tablet
It is possible that many of you have asked in what way you can install WhatsApp on an Android tablet. There are two different methods: through WhatsApp Web or installing the original application from your APK. We explain how to do it following each of these methods. Chatting from your tablet is easier than it looks!
Install WhatsApp Web on an Android tablet
Since 2016, WhatsApp is available in its Web version and can also be used on tablets. This is possibly the easiest way to use the messaging service through a tablet, as long as you have the application installed on your smartphone and working perfectly. If your phone is turned off or you do not have an internet connection, WhatsApp Web will not work.
In the internet browser of our tablet we must activate the option View as computer (Chrome) or Activate the view of Firefox depending on the browser in particular.
Enter the web.whatsapp.com page with this desktop or computer option activated. You will see a QR code that you must scan with your smartphone. From your smartphone, in the WhatsApp settings (top left corner), choose ‘WhatsApp Web’ and it will allow you to scan the QR code that appears on the screen of the tablet.
Once detected, in less than a second, all the conversations you have on your smartphone will appear on your tablet, being able to write, send and receive messages, images or videos.
In the same place where you clicked to scan the QR code on the smartphone, you can see from which devices you are connected to WhatsApp Web, as well as its location and the name of the terminal, being able to leave them easily.
Install WhatsApp on an Android tablet
We can also install the WhatsApp application on an Android tablet but we must confirm the number with another device. Before we start we should have these considerations:
- WhatsApp can only be used on one device at the same time
- If you register on a tablet with your account, you can not use WhatsApp on your smartphone
- You can also register another number on the tablet but you need to be able to receive an SMS on that number
The process is simpler than it seems. First we need a phone with the number we are going to use. The important thing is that we can receive the sms message with the WhatsApp activation code. Second, we have to have the WhatsApp APK installed on the tablet. The steps to follow are those:
1. Download WhatsApp from the web page of the application . You can do it from the tablet, or download the APK file to the PC and pass it to the memory of the tablet with a USB cable, as you prefer.
2. Install the application from the APK (activating the ‘unknown origins’) and open it.
3. Enter the phone number you are going to use.
4. You will receive an SMS on your phone and you must enter it in the application on the tablet.
5. Once you have entered the code on the tablet, you only have to wait for WhatsApp to activate.