Many of the users of the windows 10 around the world are forced to use the default network VPN, but the beginning , you must identify the main VPN available protocols to choose the best for you, in this article we offer you the most popular protocol settings for L2TP, and you should avoid PPTP because it is unsafe.
How to Set Up L2TP VPN in Windows 10
- Choose Change VPNs , which can be accessed by searching them in the search box, and then choose Add VPN connection.
- From your service provider, choose Windows (built-in).
- Under Connection name, type the connection name for the VPN , to name a few, type Run VPN.
- In the Server name or address box, type the host name or IP address of the VPN server .
- Under VPN type, choose L2TP / IPsec with a shared key , and type the common key in the box immediately after it (your service provider must provide this).
- Select a user name and password to connect to.
- Save what you have done to activate the VPN when you want.
To activate the default network that you have created, go to the network icon from the taskbar, open the networking option in front of you, you will find the VPN name you created, choose the network and it will run on Windows 10, or you can right click on the network icon, Choose Network Settings, and then choose a VPN partition, from which you can choose the default network connection that you created or removed.