One of the most common limitations on Snapchat is that the app makes you press your finger on the screen to record it. Just try recording a video clip in the application without keeping your finger pressed. This is impossible if you do not know this simple, surprising solution on your iPhone.
How to register in Snapchat without keeping your finger on the screen
- Open the Settings app and go to General.
- Go to the Accessibility section.
- Press the touch help.
- Enable touch help.
- You should see a small gray circle, you can drag it on the screen, and press it to show a gray list.
- Then you’ll need to scroll down and select “Create a new gesture.”
- Press and hold one finger in the middle of the screen to allow it to record a touch, the blue bar will be filled in the bottom as soon as the touch is recorded.
- Save the gesture and give it a name.
- Now open the app and click on the small gray dot on your screen.
- Click Custom.
- Then press the gesture you just saved.
- Now you should see another small gray circle, with a point in the middle, drag it over the SnapChat button and let it go, after about 2 seconds, Snap will record the video chat.
It’s worth noting that you can only set gestures for up to 8 seconds, you will not get a full 10 second video length with this solution, SnapChat will keep recording and your hands will be free to do whatever you want.
If you prefer not to have this small gray dot on your screen all the time, you can turn it on and off quickly from the Settings app.