As you know that installing a new app on Android device, the shortcut to that app is made on the home screen of Android with its default name and icon. Android system does not give us an option to change the names of shortcuts. However, now you can change the name of the icon on the Android home screen as desired. All you have to follow is a few tips given below. This process depends on a great Android app, so you can change the name of the Android app with a few simple settings. Which we described below.
Steps to rename your Android home screen icon:
- Step 1. First of all, download and install the Quick Shortcut app.
- After installing step 2 , launch the app, you will see a list of apps that are currently installed on your device.
- Step 3. Now you have to tap on the app whose name you want to change.
- Step 4. Now you will see all the information related to that app on your screen and there you will see the option of Change the label.
- Step 5. Now a popup will appear and you will have to fill in the name that you want to set on that app and then just tap OK.
- Step 6. A Create option will appear to create a shortcut for that app, after which, you will need to set the ranking to display that app in the app drawer.
Now the name changed will change on your home screen.
Using the Nova Launcher
The Nova Launcher is a very easy and sophisticated launcher. It comes with many features and it also gives users the option to customize the icon so that the users can edit the icon’s name. Let’s learn how to use it.
- First of all, you need to download the Nova Launcher on your Android smartphone.
- You will see a screen, where you will be asked to select “backup”. To continue, just need to tap on the “Next” button.
- Now you will be asked to choose the preset. Simply select “Light” or “Dark” theme to continue.
- You will be asked to choose “drawer style”. Just select it, according to your desire and continue.
- After the Nova Launcher is applied to your Android device, go to the Home screen. From now on, you need to select the icon whose name you want to change and then long press on it.
- Now you will see three options “Edit” “Remove” “App Info”. Just tap on “Edit” to continue.
- Now you will be asked to set the name for your chosen icon. Just set the name according to your wishes.
After that the name of your icon will change in any way you want.