In its latest event, Apple announced that it had finally removed its fingerprint feature and replaced it with Face ID in the new iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, as well as the option to use a password to lock the phone. The company also provided a new option, adding another “face” that can be used to unlock the new iPhone using Face ID.
How to add Face ID to your iPhone
This feature can be used to improve the efficiency of Face ID by recording the same face twice to provide more biometric details so that the phone opens faster. For example, if you wear glasses, you can use the feature for more accuracy with glasses and other without glasses, instead you can also add A reliable interface to unlock your iPhone device instead of you when needed, the following are the steps to use this feature:
- Press Face ID & passcode
- Enter your code passcode
- Click the Setup an alternative appearance option
- You will see the How to setup Face ID window click on get started
- Insert the face then save it
If you need to enter your passcode
You might need to enter your passcode or Apple ID instead of using Face ID in these situations:
- The device has just been turned on or restarted.
- The device hasn’t been unlocked for more than 48 hours.
- The passcode hasn’t been used to unlock the device in the last six and a half days and Face ID hasn’t unlocked the device in the last 4 hours.
- The device has received a remote lock command.
- After five unsuccessful attempts to match a face.
- After initiating power off/Emergency SOS by pressing and holding either volume button and the side button simultaneously for 2 seconds.