At some point there were secrets to be kept, and that period ended with the development of the Internet where nowadays all normal activities such as shopping, chat, traveling etc. are stored and stored by various services and companies.
In this digital age, data is sold and used , and you probably will not like some of the ways this data is used. There are also security problems. It is unpleasant to know that your private data has been leaked. Online privacy should be a concern for people from For all ages, here are 10 tips to better protect your personal data online.
- Each social network is a hidden treasure for fraudsters who collect user-specific data and can use this information for fraudulent activities, so we recommend checking the security settings for your Facebook account, as well as all other social networks you use.
- Your password holds the majority of your accounts. Password recovery is done via email notifications, so it’s important to secure your primary email associated with banking and other important sites. If you want to sign in on different dating sites and mystery services, it’s best to create And use a second, third or fourth email address.
- Google recently released a special tool that allows you to verify the data you share across many of its services. We recommend that you take a look at this service, which is called my profile.
- Be very careful when posting any photos or when you scan online, especially when it comes to IDs, tickets and billing documents. It’s also a bad idea to share information about your place and schedule. Criminals can use this information to steal your personal data, Such as bank credit.
- Do not use open Wi-Fi networks, because you may not know the source of the network, and hackers may use open networks to catch you, intercepting logins and passwords when you try to connect to the Internet through these fake networks.
- Avoid unreliable passwords. If you use weak combinations, which are only letters, you are not protected at all, and it is not difficult to remember reliable passwords easily. Moreover, if you do not want to overcome the problem, just Use a special application to manage your passwords.
- Think about the privacy of children too. Online bullying is not a joke and many children around the world are suffering from it. So it’s important not to post photos and videos online that may confuse your child now or in the future.
- Nuisance from advertisers, you can block ads ads products that you do not want, but you know that many of these ads add tracking to browse your web? In addition, this trace also removes some of your privacy, and users can rely on reliable protection programs to get rid of them in just a few clicks.
- Online merchants use your data to tailor their ads to your preferences and track your online activities to be more successful. “Of course, all of these processes are automatic,” but if you do not want to share your data with these organizations, you can use private browsing.
- Of course, data collectors will not be successful if they do not know how to access the user’s operating system unnoticed and completely legal, and when installing a free program, the installation of additional components, toolbars and additional accessories is displayed and if you click “Next” without reading Text In the installation window, you will install a complete package with necessary and unnecessary applications, and the other can change the homepage or search settings, for example, but you can save the browser by helping a trusted protection program.